This is a quick start guide detailing the basics for creating a Roster.
If you would like specific information on other roster features please select from the links below:
- Build your Rosters (copy rosters, creating templates, regular hours of work, add breaks, and publish your rosters)
- Roster Tools (print a roster, view edit history, view snapshots of a published roster, and import/export rosters to excel)
- Keyboard Shortcuts
- Configuring your Roster
Creating your Roster
Creating a shift
The basic information required in a shift is:
- Start/Finish times
Pro tip: Tanda accepts all possible formats of a time. For example: 8am, 8a, 0800, 08:00am will all record the same time. You can also decide if you would like to view times in 12 and 24 hour time on your profile.
Optional additional info:
Specify a break. You can automate a break to automatically apply after a defined shift duration, or can enter specific break start + end times on the roster.
Shift Detail. The purpose of shift detail is to specify more detail about what will be performed on shift. For example the team might be 'Customer Service' but shift detail can specify more detail about that shift, such as the specific task or area the employee will be working in.
Shift information explained
Use keyboard shortcuts to copy and paste a shift (Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V, or hold down Alt/Command and drag). If shifts tend to stay the same over time, use Quick Build to copy shifts between dates and create schedule patterns.
Keep your eye on your Schedule Stats to benchmark your schedule against key KPIs, including total shifts, scheduled hours, total cost, and more.
Once you have created a schedule, head to Actions to review and publish. Under Actions is also where you can delete all visible shifts, if required.
Customise your schedule
What information is required to build a schedule varies often varies on a case-to-case basis. Configure your view to suit your scheduling needs.
Use the date picker at the top of the screen to navigate to when your would like to create a schedule for. You can easily view your schedule on a daily, weekly, fortnightly, and monthly basis or you can use the date picker to choose a custom date range.
View options allow you to customise what you see to suit your scheduling needs.
- Group by: choose 'Team' to breakdown your schedule by team, or choose 'None' to view all staff sorted alphabetically.
- Person stat: view the stats that are important to your business from total costs, total hours, total shifts, and individuals rates.
- Collapse multiple shifts: condense multiple shift cards into one card that indicates there are numerous shifts on that day.
- Show team: include the team code on shift cards.
- Hide people with no shifts: remove gaps in your schedule by hiding employees with no shifts in the selected period.
- Time off only: only see leave and unavailability.
Why can't I see costs on my roster?
The ability to see costs comes down to permissions levels. You will need to speak to your Admin if you believe you should be able to see costs.
What are the red/orange flags?
Flags empower you to identify potential issues in your schedule. Red errors indicate where there appears to be mistake (e.g clashing shift), where as orange warnings highlight shifts worth checking. Use 'Highlight Errors' to isolate shifts with potential issues. Click on the flag to understand what is the issue with that shift.
Can I dismiss the flags on my schedule?
Flags appear according to account settings. Flags highlight potential issues but will not stop you from creating or publishing a shift. You will need to speak to your Admin if you believe a change should be made to flags.
Can I enter events into Tanda to be considered when creating a schedule?
Yes. Select Events in the left-hand side bar to add a custom event into Tanda. This event will be visible staff and you can choose to also discourage time off during this event.