If you're on a Managed Award Template in Tanda, you might have classified staff when you first setup your account, otherwise you might have done this through bulk categorise tool. You can also categorise staff on their Profile through the Payroll tab.
Go to Workforce > Staff:
Click on the relevant employee to go into their profile and then click on the Payroll tab:
Employee Payroll Information
This is used to identify a staff member when you are working with certain accounting packages.
- MYOB Desktop must have the Card ID entered here as when you export it matches employee's based on this
- Systems such as Xero and MYOB should show the linked profile name below the Employee ID. If it shows the wrong employee, check the name spelling and email address on the Personal tab in Tanda with the information in your Payroll system.
Date of Birth and Employment Start Date
Set from when you imported your staff or can be manually assigned. It's important to have both set for correct rates from the award and also for keeping a track of staff anniversaries with your business. This feeds through to the Birthday calendar.
Base Hourly Rate
This should be 0 if you are on Tanda Managed Award Template and want to pay the employee according to the award level selected. If you pay higher than the Award or have Custom Rules built into Tanda, set the employee's base rate in the field and it will block Tanda from sending any rate information to your Payroll & Accounting system.
Set Salaried staff Annual Salary less Super for costing and reporting in Tanda. Have a further read of how Salaried staff use Tanda in the following article.
If you are on a Tanda Managed Award Template, you will select and configure this information to the right of the profile (including Base Rate Add-ons and Allowances/Penalties).
- Select the Award (if you haven't enabled your Award check out this article)
- Select Employment Type
- Select Classification/Level
- Select any applicable Allowances and Penalties
At this point if you click Update Employee Details at the bottom, when the page refreshes it will populate the breakdown of the employee's pay rate.
If you have custom rules built into Tanda, the employee's profile might look like this. To configure the employee, select Custom Payroll Setup and then select the Tag or classification that applies to them. You'll also need to assign their Rate in the Base Rate field to the left:
Advanced Payroll Fields
There are a number of fields that are hidden by default on the employee profile page relating to Payroll. You can enable these through the Advanced Payroll Power-up.
- Paid at Adult Rates: Tick this if you would like Tanda to disregard the age of the staff member and pay them adult rates
- Part Time Fixed Hours: if your staff member is part time, this is where you enter what their contracted hours are, either weekly or fortnightly. That way, the system knows when to calculate overtime.
- Expected hours in a week: enter expected hours for salaried staff, to cost their hours on timesheets and reports. This can also be configured in Salary Settings.
- Overtime averaging period: if you are setup as fortnightly pay (for example), but you have a staff member whose overtime is calculated weekly, you can set this in their profile and then build award rules specific to them. Contact Tanda on the details at the bottom if you need assistance with this.
- Period start date: this is important for overtime averaging. Set the start date from when you would like overtime to be created. If you’re employees are paid weekly, however their overtime needs to be averaged over 4-weekly blocks, you can use this field to set the start date of these 4-weekly blocks.
If you would like further assistance please contact Tanda Support by clicking on the blue chat icon in the bottom right corner, on 1300 859 117 or email@example.com