This article will run you through the required steps to configure Tanda for Sage MicrOpay for Employee Onboarding.
Related: Collect personal, bank details & send digital forms to new employees via employee onboarding.
Configuring Tanda for Sage MicrOpay
Setting up Payroll Integrations
1. Create a ‘Sage MicrOpay Web API’ integration via Integrations > Payroll Integrations.
2. Ensure that the payroll integration is set to apply. (This can be all staff, specific locations or pay groups - If you exporting timesheets to another integration, and want the MicrOpay onboarding sync to run in the background, set it to apply to 'All Staff')
3. If you have multiple Payroll Companies in Sage MicrOpay, you will need to create a new 'Sage MicrOpay Web API' payroll integration in Tanda. For each payroll integration, you must configure the Payroll Company Name field in Tanda to be one of the Payroll Companies (Payroll Company Name) in Sage MicrOpay.
Payroll Companies in Sage MicrOpay:
In Tanda, enter the relevant integration settings, including the Web API Token, Web API Password, API key and Payroll Company Name.
Note: Please ensure that the Payroll Company Name field in Tanda matches exactly the Payroll Company Name in Sage MicrOpay.
Configuring requirements in Tanda
1. For every Team in Tanda, ensure that the ‘Payroll Cost Tracking Code’ (located on the Team edit page) is exactly the same as the Cost Code for the corresponding Cost Account in Sage MicrOpay.
Cost Accounts in Sage MicrOpay:
Payroll Cost Tracking Code in Tanda:
Note: Please ensure that the Cost Code in Sage MicrOpay is one that has an existing department (has the format of
#-##-##), like so:
Pay Frequency Description in Sage MicrOpay:
Pay Group in Tanda:
3. Ensure that there exists a Gender Lookup with each of the following values: ‘Male’, ‘Female’, and ‘Other’ in Sage MicrOpay.
Gender Lookup in Sage MicrOpay:
4. For every Location in Tanda, ensure that the ‘Sage MicrOpay PayPoint’ field (located under the ‘Additional‘ tab in the Location edit page) is exactly the same as the corresponding PayPoint in Sage MicrOpay.
PayPoint in Tanda:
Pay Points Lookup in Sage MicrOpay:
5. For every Location in Tanda, ensure that the ‘Sage MicrOpay Location’ field (located under the ‘Additional‘ tab in the Location edit page) is exactly the same as the corresponding Location in Sage MicrOpay.
Locations Lookup in Sage MicrOpay:
Location in Tanda:
Onboarding to Sage MicrOpay with Tanda
Once your Sage MicrOpay and Tanda configuration has been set up successfully, you are now able to onboard new staff using Tanda's Employee Onboarding. When a new employee has completed Onboarding, the following information will be exported to Sage MicrOpay, including:
- Personal & Contact Details
- Banking Details
- Employment Information
- Tax File Declaration
- Superannuation (9.5% Superannuation Guarantee is applied by default)
If an employee fails to export to Sage MicrOpay, an email will be sent to the organisation administrator, identifying the problem to be resolved for successful export. If you are having trouble, please do not hesitate to contact our support team at email@example.com.