Tanda and MYOB Desktop is run through a flat-file integration, where a file can be exported out of MYOB with your staff details into Tanda. This article will take you through requirements in MYOB and Tanda for integration and how to bulk import your staff into Tanda the first time and then options for new staff going forward.
You will need to have MYOB AccountRight Desktop Plus or Premier to integrate with Tanda. The Standard solution does not have a Payroll component, therefore it cannot integrate. It's also recommended to run the latest version of MYOB, you can check out this article from MYOB to see how to ensure you're running the latest version.
You’ll need to configure a few things in your MYOB file to use Tanda:
1. Timesheets are enabled:
- Setup > Preferences > System tab > ensure you have ticked I Use Timesheets for Payroll and my Week Starts on a [enter start day]:
2. All staff you want to import have a MYOB Card ID:
- Tanda uses this field when importing Timesheet data, so staff without one may not be imported back into MYOB. You can set a Card ID on the Profile tab in MYOB:
3. Terminated staff have been marked as Inactive Card and also set a Termination Date:
- Tick the Inactive Card box under Card File > Employee > Staff Member’s profile:
- Enter a Termination Date under the Payroll Details tab:
3. All staff have a mobile phone number and/or email address: you can use staff contact details to send out information from Tanda so it's easier to have it in MYOB now so it imports automatically.
Note: Not all MYOB versions have an email address field, so the staff you import may not come with emails. You can just add them into Tanda directly later.
Add MYOB to your Tanda account by going to Settings > Integrations > Payroll Integrations:
In the top right corner, click on + New Payroll Integration:
Find the MYOB AccountRight Desktop logo and click on it:
In the Integration setup screen you can select Who the integration applies to: All staff by selecting Everyone or Default Locations and then selecting a Location (if you haven't set this up yet you can come back into here later). This is used if you have more than one MYOB account connected to your Tanda account, you need to match a Location to a MYOB file.
If you make any changes just click Save at the bottom.
To export a file with your staff data that you can import into Tanda:
- Go to the File menu
- Click an item that says Export Data, Export Assistant, or similar
- If prompted, select to export Cards data > Employee Cards
- Ensure the Export File Format is: Tab-delimited, the First Record is: Header Record and then click Continue:
- Click Match All fields (Tanda will only import information necessary for Tanda, not bank details or TFN etc):
- Click Export and then you will be prompted to save the .txt file. Save it somewhere on your computer that you can find it again shortly.
Go to Workforce > Staff:
On the right, click on + Add Staff:
In the pop-up window select Import from > select MYOB AccountRight Desktop:
Under Step 3. select the Choose File button to add the file you exported from MYOB. If you can't find the location, check the Download folder.
Next, you'll see a bar loading to show your staff are being imported, depending on the amount of staff you have this can take a few minutes, so just stay in the screen.
Once the import has finished, you'll see a list of your staff that have been imported into Tanda, click Complete and then your staff list will now show under Workforce > Staff.
Going forward, when you have a new employee you have the following options:
- Add the employee to MYOB and then add them to Tanda under Workforce > Staff > Add Staff > Add Manually or
- Use Employee Onboarding: this sends the new employee an App to fill in their details and you can then use the data to create a profile in MYOB and Tanda.
Don't forget to all check out all our other MYOB specific articles.