Tanda and MYOB AccountRight Live have a live API connection, so you can import your staff from MYOB into Tanda automatically. This article will take you through requirements in MYOB and Tanda for integration and how to bulk import your staff into Tanda the first time and then options for new staff going forward.
You will need to have MYOB AccountRight Live Plus or Premier to integrate with Tanda. The Standard solution does not have a Payroll component, therefore it cannot integrate. It's also recommended to run the latest version of MYOB, you can check out this article from MYOB to see how to ensure you're running the latest version.
You’ll need to configure a few things in your MYOB file to use Tanda:
1. Timesheets are enabled:
- Setup > Preferences > System tab > ensure you have ticked I Use Timesheets for Payroll and my Week Starts on a [enter start day]:
2. Terminated staff have been marked as Inactive Card and also set a Termination Date:
- Tick the Inactive Card box under Card File > Employee > Staff Member’s profile:
- Enter a Termination Date under the Payroll Details tab:
3. All staff have a mobile phone number and/or email address: you can use staff contact details to send out information from Tanda so it's easier to have it in MYOB now so it imports automatically.
4. Your Company File is Online: you have uploaded your file to the cloud, so it is Online. In the bottom right corner, it should look like this:
If your file isn't Online, just click the box to upload it, or speak with a Bookkeeper/Accountant. Should you not want to unpload your file, you can import your staff as you would with MYOB AccountRight Desktop.
Add MYOB to your Tanda account by going to Settings > Add-ons > Payroll & Accounting:
In the top right corner, click on + New Payroll Integration:
Find the MYOB AccountRight Live logo and click on it:
A pop-up will then display asking you to login to MYOB. Enter your Email and Password that you would login to MYOB AccountRight Live with and click Login. Please note you will need to have Administrator level access:
Next, choose your MYOB business name, and enter the login details for your company file. Leave the password field blank if you do not have a password for your company file.
You'll then go back to the Integration Setup screen in Tanda and you'll see a box with MYOB.
You can click on this box to go into the Integration setup where you can configure:
- Who the integration applies to: All staff by selecting Everyone or Default Locations and then selecting a Location (if you haven't set this up yet you can come back into here later). This is used if you have more than one MYOB account connected to your Tanda account, you need to match a Location to a MYOB file.
- You can also select how you want Tanda to handle new staff. If you have enabled to Automatically import new staff profiles, when you add a new employee to MYOB, Tanda will automatically import this within the hour. Only new employees will be imported and existing profiles updated.
If you make any changes just click Save at the bottom.
Go to Workforce > Staff:
On the right, click on + Add Staff:
In the pop-up window, at the bottom select Import from > MYOB AccountRight Live. Click on the MYOB box to select the integration. If you only have one file attached to Tanda, you'll just see one box however if you have more than one just click on the one you want to import from first.
Next, you'll see a bar loading to show your staff are being imported, depending on the amount of staff you have this can take a few minutes, so just stay in the screen.
Once the import has finished, you'll see a list of your staff that have been imported into Tanda.
If there are any staff in the list that shouldn't have been imported to Tanda, just click Don't Import next to their name and they won't be brought through, otherwise if it's all correct just click Complete Staff Import at the bottom:
If one or more staff didn't import and they are in MYOB, check their details in MYOB to ensure you have added them, their start date is correct, they don't have a termination date or they don't have Inactive Card ticked on their profile.
Your staff list will now show under Workforce > Staff.
Going forward, when you have a new employee you have the following options:
- Add the employee to MYOB and if you have enabled to automatically import new staff, in your Tanda MYOB integration setup, Tanda will automatically import this employee within the hour.
- Add the employee to MYOB and you can force this update to happen immediately by going to Workforce > Staff > Add Staff > Import from MYOB. Only new staff will be imported and existing staff updated.
- Use Employee Onboarding: this sends the new employee an App to fill in their details and a profile will then automatically be added to MYOB and Tanda.
Don't forget to all check out all our other MYOB specific articles.
If you would like further assistance please contact Tanda Support by clicking on the blue chat icon in the bottom right corner, on 1300 859 117 or firstname.lastname@example.org