Tanda and Reckon & QuickBooks desktop is run through a flat-file integration. This article will take you through any requirements for integration, how to bulk import your staff into Tanda the first time and then options for new staff going forward. It will also take you through exporting your Timesheets from Tanda.
For any specific system questions it might be best to speak with your Account Manager first otherwise you can always ask our Support Team.
- Ensure Payroll has been enabled. First add the Payroll menu item and then set up your employee payroll information. Ensure that the employee names between Tanda and Reckon/QuickBooks match.
- You’ll also need to enable timesheets in Reckon:
- Go to the Edit menu and choose Preferences
- Open the options for Time Tracking
- Open the company preferences tab and select “Yes”.
- You will also need to enable pay cheque creation from timesheets for each employee by going to Employees > Edit Employee > Payroll and Compensation tab > Use time data to create paycheques.
Add Reckon or QuickBooks desktop to your Tanda account by going to Settings > Integrations > Payroll Integrations:
In the top right corner, click on + New Payroll Integration:
Click on Show more at the bottom and then select Reckon/QuickBooks Desktop:
If you want to use Job Tracking, click on the integration box to edit and you will be able to select whether Tanda export's the Shift Tag/Location to either the Class or Service Item field in Reckon/QuickBooks. If you make any changes just click Save at the bottom. Just leave both unticked if you don't want to export this information from Tanda.
- Choose the File menu, then the Utilities option.
- Choose the Export option, then the Lists to IIF files option.
- Choose to export an Employee List , then click OK. You will be able to choose a location to save this file on your computer.
Go to Workforce > Staff:
On the right, click on + Add Staff:
In the pop-up window select Import from > select Reckon/QuickBooks Desktop:
In Step 2. choose the file that you downloaded from Reckon or QuickBooks and then click Import Staff:
You’ll then be redirected back to Tanda, where you’ll see a progress indicator and once your staff have been imported you’ll see the list of them.
Going forward, when you have a new employee you have the following options:
- Add the employee to Tanda manually under Workforce > Staff > Add Staff > Add Manually or
- Use Employee Onboarding: this sends the new employee an App to fill in their details and a profile will automatically be created in Tanda.
If you're on a Tanda Managed Award Template, complete the payroll configuration step. Ensure you open/download the Reckon Configuration report from Tanda which will list the new Wage Names and Base Hourly rates for staff.
Otherwise, if you need to create Award rules in Tanda, check out the article on creating Custom Award Rules. If you use Allowances, you can check out this article on how to build them. In the Export Name in Tanda, add the matching wage name in Reckon or QuickBooks.
Allowances in Reckon Accounts Premier
When working in accounts premier make sure you configure any allowances that need to come from Tanda as a regular hourly earnings wage type. Setting these up as anything else (additions ect.) will cause issues as the time will not be able to map to that item and instead will be assigned as base hourly earnings.
Exporting from Tanda
Once you've approved all your Timesheets and you're ready to export, go to Timesheets > Weekly/Fortnightly (check you're on the correct pay period) > click the Preview & Export button:
You'll then go through to the Timesheet Export Preview page. If there are any errors in your Timesheets, this will be flagged so you can fix before exporting.
When you are ready to export click Export to Payroll Software again within the Preview page:
When you click the button, a file will be downloaded to your computer. The file has the extension
.iif (“Intuit Interchange Format”) but is actually just a renamed .CSV file. You can change the extension to view the export.
Importing into Reckon/QuickBooks
Import from either the
File menu, or the
Utilities submenu of the
You may be prompted to back up your company file before importing; do so. Finally, navigate to where you saved the
iif file you downloaded from Tanda, and select this file. It will be imported into Reckon automatically.