Tanda and MYOB (New Zealand edition) is run through a flat-file integration, where information can be imported and exported through a data file. This article will take you through requirements in MYOB and Tanda for integration, how to bulk import your staff into Tanda the first time and then options for new staff going forward. It will also take you through exporting your Timesheets from Tanda into MYOB.
- All staff you want to import have a MYOB Card ID: Tanda uses this field when importing Timesheet data, so staff without one may not be imported back into MYOB. You can set a Card ID on the Profile tab in an employee's card in MYOB.
- All staff have a mobile phone number and/or email address: you can use staff contact details to send out information from Tanda so it's easier to have it in MYOB now
Add MYOB to your Tanda account by going to Settings > Integrations > Payroll Integrations:
In the top right corner, click on + New Payroll Integration:
Find the MYOB (New Zealand) logo (you might have to click Show More at the bottom) and click on it and then in the next screen press Save:
To export a file with your staff data that you can import into Tanda, go to
Period Reports >
Export Pay History. Save the file somewhere on your computer where you can find it easily again shortly. The report will be generated in
Go to Workforce > Staff:
On the right, click on + Add Staff:
In the pop-up window select Import from > select MYOB AccountRight Desktop:
At the top you'll notice a prompt for MYOB payroll in New Zealand, click on the click here button to go to the particular download instructions for this system:
Under Step 3. select the Choose File button to add the file you exported from MYOB. If you can't find the location, check the Download folder:
Next, you'll see a bar loading to show your staff are being imported, depending on the amount of staff you have this can take a few minutes, so just stay in the screen.
Once the import has finished, you'll see a list of your staff that have been imported into Tanda, click Complete and then your staff list will now show under Workforce > Staff.
Going forward, when you have a new employee you have the following options:
- Add the employee to MYOB and then add them to Tanda under Workforce > Staff > Add Staff > Add Manually or
- Use Employee Onboarding: this sends the new employee an App to fill in their details and you can then use the data to create a profile in MYOB and Tanda.
Go to Timesheets > Weekly/Fortnightly:
All your Timesheets should be green to show they're approved:
If there are any that are showing white, just click on the employee's name to go into their Timesheet to check for any shifts you haven't approved.
Exporting - Preview
When you're ready, just click the green Preview & Export button in the top right corner to go through to the Export Preview:
In this screen, you can:
- Check for any warnings. An orange exclamation mark at the top will alert you to any issues:
- Check Timesheet Export Summary: you can click on each employee's name to check the Award calculation.
- Check Total Hours and Gross Wage: at the end of each employee you can see the total for the pay period.
Exporting - Complete
When you're ready, just click the green Export to Payroll Software button:
A file will be downloaded to your computer with the extension
.txt. Save this somewhere on your computer where you can easily find it again.
Importing into MYOB
In MYOB, click the Import Timesheets button on the Prepare Pays command centre. Select the file you downloaded from Tanda, and click Import.
Once the data has been imported, you can continue your payrun as normal in MYOB.