As a platform, Tanda has a range of settings you can enable or disable to customise to suit your business needs. You can find a detailed guides for all settings under the Settings section of the help centre. This guide will run through the main settings it is beneficial configure when setting up your Tanda account, including:
- Timesheet Rounding
- Time off
Timesheet Rounding Settings
When recording attendance via the timeclock app or mobile clock-ins on the mobile app, time is recorded down to the minute. However, you may want to be flexible when it comes to paying staff. Timesheets can be manually overridden or you can enable automatic rounding to reduce manual admin.
To configure timesheet rounding, head to Settings > Timesheets. Here you can specify how rounding should be applied to clock-ins and clock-outs, including:
- Rounding of times: Round times to a certain interval (e.g round to nearest 15).
- Rounding to schedule times: Round clocked time to the scheduled times. Use with rounding of time to set parameters around what is the reasonable time difference that can be rounded. (e.g times +/- 15 minutes of the scheduled time will be rounded back to roster time).
- Smart rounding: Round clock-ins upwards and clock-outs backwards.
Rounding settings can be used in isolation or in combination. As settings are entered and changed, examples of how this will affect rounding will be displayed. Times can still be changed on the timesheet to override rounding settings if required.
Shifts of certain durations may require varying lengths and types of breaks. Breaks can be clocked by employees, manually entered, or applied automatically based on break settings.
To configure break settings, head to Settings > Breaks. In break settings you can configure:
- what shift duration attracts a break.
- how long that break should be.
- whether is it paid or unpaid.
Automated breaks can be set to apply to all employees by default or click '+New' to apply different break settings to different groups of employees.
Examples of different break configurations can be found in this guide.
Time Off Settings
Employees may be unable to work for a variety of reasons. In some cases, this time off will need to be recorded on their timesheet and deducted from their entitlements (leave). In other cases, you will just want to keep a note of this time off so you do not accidentally schedule them to work (unavailability).
Head to Settings > Time Off to configure:
- Days notice required for unavailability.
- If unavailability requires approval.
- Default length for leave requests.
- Who to notify when time off is requested (e.g Team Managers, Admins, or both).
- Whether or not leave is costed on weekends.
Who can enter and approve time off is configured under Settings > Permissions.
Holidays generally will have an impact on your business, whether it is just for scheduling purposes or how employees are paid. Head to Settings > General to specify what days are considered holidays for your business. In holiday settings you can:
- Select a Holiday Region. Selecting a holiday region enables a list of holidays pre-built into Tanda for the selected region. Holidays pre-built into a region are generally nation or state wide holidays. Click 'Show pre-built holidays' to see a list of regions and holidays pre-built into these regions.
- Enter Holiday Dates. Manually enter in holiday dates by selecting the date followed by '+'. Holiday dates are useful for dates not included on the pre-built holiday templates. Untick 'All Day' and enter times if it is a part day holiday.
If the account has multiple businesses with varying holidays, holidays should be configured on the 'Location' under Staff > Teams. Holidays configured on a location will override holidays set in account settings.
Can settings apply retrospectively?
If you enable or change a setting, this will apply from that point going forward. Times, breaks, and time off would need to be manually changed on past entries. The exception is holiday, which can be applied and recalculated to take affect on schedules and timesheets.