Before you can sync Tanda with Xero, you’ll need to configure a few things in your Xero account:
- Your Xero organisation should be activated for Xero Payroll - this is only available to Australian organisations currently. You can enable Xero Payroll by clicking the Payroll tab in Xero and following the prompts. See Xero’s guide for more information.
- Your user account must be a Payroll administrator. Go to Settings > General Settings > Users, choose your account, then check the Payroll Admin checkbox.
- Ensure that you have created a Payroll Calendar in Xero. You can do this at Settings > Payroll Settings > Payroll Calendars. The calendar should match your Tanda timesheets.
- Ensure each employee has a Payroll Calendar and default earnings rate. You can set these up at Payroll > Employees > (choose an employee) > Employment.
- All staff have a mobile phone number and/or email address: you can use staff phone numbers and/or emails to send out their 4 digit password as well as the roster in Tanda, so it’s worth having it in Xero now so it can just import automatically.
Syncing staff with Xero
In Tanda, go to Staff and My Team:
On the right, click on + Add Staff > Import from… and select Xero:
If you have already connected Xero to your Tanda account, you'll be able to confirm this is the correct file to import from. If it is just click on Xero:
Otherwise, you'll be directed to the Payroll Integration screen. Select + New payroll integration > Xero Australia:
Next, you'll see a pop-up window to login to Xero. Enter your Email address and Password (for Xero) and click Login:
You’ll then be redirected back to Tanda, where you’ll see a progress indicator and once your staff have been imported you’ll see the list of them.
If there are any staff listed that you didn't want to import into Tanda, you can deselect them.
If you encounter any issues you can contact Tanda Support on 1300 859 117 or email@example.com.