Tanda and WageEasy is run through a flat-file integration, where a file will be exported out of Tanda with your Timesheets. This article will take you through any requirements in WageEasy and Tanda for integration, how to bulk import your staff into Tanda the first time and then options for new staff going forward. It will also take you through exporting your Timesheets from Tanda.
For any specific WageEasy questions it might be best to speak with WageEasy Support first otherwise you can always ask Tanda on the details at the bottom of this article.
Add WageEasy to your Tanda account by going to Settings > Add-ons > Payroll & Accounting:
In the top right corner, click on + New Payroll Integration:
Select WageEasy from the list and then click Save:
You can import your staff into Tanda by exporting the Employee report from WageEasy.
- Go to the HR menu
- Click User Defined Queries, then choose the Company Current Employee Export.
- Select the relevant Financial Period. Usually you will only want to show current staff
- Right click on the highlighted fields, and follow the prompt to export your data as a CSV.
- Save the .csv file on your computer where you can easily find it again
Go to Workforce > Staff:
On the right, click on + Add Staff:
In the pop-up window select Import from > select WageEasy.
Click on Choose File to select the file you exported from WageEasy. Once you've added it just click the green Import Staff button:
You’ll then be redirected back to Tanda, where you’ll see a progress indicator and once your staff have been imported you’ll see the list of them.
Going forward, when you have a new employee you have the following options:
- Add the employee to Tanda manually under Workforce > Staff > Add Staff > Add Manually or
- Use Employee Onboarding: this sends the new employee an App to fill in their details and a profile will automatically be created in Tanda.
- WageEasy has it's own Award Interpreter, so in the Export we're just sending Employee ID, Times, Leave and Allowances.
- You can still add a Managed Award Template to your account in Tanda for costing, however just the hours will export to WageEasy.
- If you're using Higher Duties on the Award Template, you'll need to set an Export Name for the Tag in Tanda which matches with the Pay Rates Code in WageEasy. In Tanda this is found under Payroll > Tags. Find the Name of the Higher Duty jump, for example Level 2 and in the next column, enter the Code from WageEasy. In WageEasy this is set when you double click on the Pay Rate name and then assign a Code as below:
- Allowances: only Manual Allowances will be included in the export, Automated Allowances won't export as allowances that apply on a regular basis are set up in WageEasy.
- All staff must have an Employee ID in Tanda which relates to WageEasy. The Employee Payroll number from WageEasy should be entered on their Payroll tab in Tanda:
This should have come across when you imported staff, but you might need to manually enter for new staff as you add them to Tanda.
You also need to ensure in WageEasy you have this Payroll ID in the Security tab > Time Card No field.
- Leave Type name must be identical in Tanda and WageEasy, i.e Annual Leave. The Export Name in Tanda doesn't export in this instance to WageEasy, so just set the name as the same in WageEasy for it to be recognised.
- Departments in WageEasy are Teams in Tanda and export as a cost tracking code with the Timesheet. You must therefore set the WageEasy Department code within the Team setup in Tanda. Go to Workforce > Teams > click on a Team to edit and then click on Show advanced options and add the WageEasy Department code to the Payroll cost tracking code and click Update to save:
Exporting from Tanda
Once you've approved all your Timesheets and you're ready to export, go to Timesheets > Weekly/Fortnightly (check you're on the correct pay period) > click the Export to Payroll button:
You'll then go through to the Timesheet Export Preview page. If there are any errors in your Timesheets, this will be flagged so you can fix before exporting.
When you are ready to export click Export to Payroll Software again within the Preview page:
When you click the button, a file will be downloaded to your computer. The file has the extension
.wtc (“Wage Time Cards”), but it is structured like an XML file, so you can open it in your web browser too.
Importing into Wage Easy
You can import the
.wtc file using the automatic processing wizard in Wage Easy:
- Click on
- The wizard will open, and ask you where the
.wtcfile is located.
- Choose the Import Time Cards checkbox, and the file that you downloaded when exporting from Tanda, then click
Nextto begin the import.
- You will see a progress bar while it is working and when it's complete, check for any errors and then click
If you would like further assistance please contact Tanda Support by clicking on the blue chat icon in the bottom right corner, on 1300 859 117 or email@example.com