You can check out this information guide for any specific instructions for using Sage 50 in Tanda. For any specific Sage 50 questions it might be best to speak with Sage Support first otherwise you can always ask Tanda on the details at the bottom of this article.
Add Sage 50 to your Tanda account by going to Settings > Add-ons > Payroll & Accounting:
In the top right corner, click on + New Payroll Integration:
Click on Show more at the bottom, select Sage 50 and then click Save:
There isn't an automatic import or report that can be imported from Sage 50 to Tanda but there are a few ways you can add your staff to Tanda; by manually adding them, importing by Excel or you can ask your staff to fill in their details by sending them an invitation to Tanda's Employee Onboarding.
Go to Workforce > Staff:
On the right, click on + Add Staff:
In the pop-up window select the option that you want to use for adding your staff:
- Add Manually: just add in their information yourself.
- Employee Onboarding: click on this article for further information.
- Importing from Excel (CSV): download the Template and add your staff details and then import into Tanda. Click on this article for further information.
When you're importing by Excel, add into the sheet in the Employee ID column, the employee's Employee Reference number from Sage 50.
If you've adding manually or from Onboarding, you'll need to add this to each employee's profile in Tanda. This is how Tanda matches the employee to Sage 50 when you export your Timesheets later, so it's important to have it setup from the start.
Go to Workforce > Staff > click on an employee's name to go into their profile and then click on the Payroll tab. Add the Employee Reference to the Employee ID field and click Update to save:
In Sage50 (the first column):
In Sage 50
Check that Pay Elements are setup to appear in Timesheet Entry:
- Company > Pay Elements > Edit
- Check that Include in Timesheet Entry checkbox is selected
- Ensure all other settings are correct > OK
- You can also add Deductions that need to be included when you import your timesheets from Tanda by selecting Deductions > select relevant deductions > Edit > select the Include in Timesheet Entry checkbox
- Select OK to finish
Now you can create an Import Template:
- Select the required employees > Payroll > Timesheet Entry
- Create Template > Save > Close
Download a Pay Element Report to match in Tanda:
- In Sage 50 select Reports > Company > Payment Type > keep open or save a copy to reference
Now you'll need to match the Award rules in Tanda to the Pay Elements:
- Payroll > Award Rules
- If you just pay staff one rate, click on Base Hourly and at the bottom, in the Export name enter of the Pay Element name in Sage 50 that you have for this. Use the Report in Sage 50 to confirm the exact spelling.
- If you use overtime, you can create a new rule by clicking on + Create Award Rule in the top right corner and then entering the Export Name as the overtime name from Sage 50.
- The import does not recognise slashes in the Pay Element name, i.e. Time and 1/2. If you do have pay elements that contain slashes you will need to change the name in Sage 50.
Exporting from Tanda
Once you've approved all your Timesheets and you're ready to export, go to Timesheets > Weekly (check you're on the correct pay period) > click the Export to Payroll button:
You'll then go through to the Timesheet Export Preview page. If there are any errors in your Timesheets, this will be flagged so you can fix before exporting.
When you are ready to export click Export to Payroll Software again within the Preview page:
When you click the button, a file will be downloaded to your computer. The file has the extension
.csv . Save this somewhere on your computer where you can easily find it again.
Importing into Sage 50
- Click on File > Data Import > Import Sage Payroll Data
- Then click Next > Timesheets Payments > Next
- Select Browse > locate the file you downloaded from Tanda > Finish
- Select Print to print or save the Import Results window > Close. You can send us a copy of this to the Support details at the bottom if you receive any errors and need assistance.
You can then process your payroll in Sage 50 the same way you normally would. At the end, confirm that the Gross Payment matches the Gross payment expected in Tanda.
If you need any further assistance please contact Tanda Support by clicking on the blue chat icon in the bottom right corner, on 1300 859 117 or email@example.com