There are three ways that you can apply for leave through Tanda - The Time Clock, The Employee Portal and My Tanda. Your Manager will advise you on how they want you to apply for leave, as some features may be restricted.
Difference between Leave & Unavailability:
- Leave: paid time for Annual or Personal leave for Salaried, Full Time and Part Time. These requests must be approved by Managers. Casual staff don't normally enter leave (although you may be asked for enter Unpaid leave), normally booking time off is done through unavailability.
- Unavailability: enter the times you aren’t available to work through the unavailability calendar. Unavailability is managed in a shared calendar and does not need approval by managers. This is useful for things like university classes, school etc.
Once you have entered your passcode, you will see two buttons at the bottom of the screen, by default you will already be on the Time Clock page. Click the Leave/Unavailability button and then ensure you're on the + Add Leave Request tab:
Fill in the information and this request will be sent to your Manager.
The portal is accessed by going to my.tanda.co/portal. This is the same portal that you use if you forget to clock-in/out.
You will be asked to enter your Phone Number and Passcode:
Next, click on the Request Leave option.
You will then need to fill in the following to put through your request.
- The Start and Finish Date of your leave
- The Type of Leave you are applying for
- The Total number of hours. This will automatically populate based on information in your business' account settings - either 7.6 or 8 hours. You can double check with your Manager if you're not sure before submitting your leave. The amount will then multiply by how many days you have entered. If you need to enter a part day, simply click in the field and update the number i.e 4 hours.
- Reason: why you want to request this leave
When you click Request Leave at the bottom, your Manager will then receive an email with the details. You will then receive an email letting you know once your Manager has approved or declined the leave.
If your Manager has set sent you an invitation to My Tanda:
- In a Browser (we recommend Google Chrome or Firefox) go to my.tanda.co/login.
- On the login screen, enter your Email Address and Password.
Once you are logged in, click the Leave tab. This is where you can view all of your Pending, Approved and Declined leave requests as well as filter by specific time periods.
If you wish to create a new leave request, simply click on the Create Leave Request button in the right hand corner of the page. This will prompt you to fill in some specific details about your leave request.
- Period: the start and finish date of your leave
- Hours: this will automatically populate based on information in your business' account settings - either 7.6 or 8 hours. You can double check with your Manager if you're not sure before submitting your leave. The amount will then multiply by how many days you have entered. If you need to enter a part day, simply click in the field and update the number i.e 4 hours
- Type of leave: you will only be able to select Leave that is applicable to you
- Team: the particular team of the staff
- Document: examples of such would be medical certificates as proof
- Reason for leave: enter why you are requesting this leave
Once you click Submit Leave Request at the bottom, your Manager will receive an email with the details. Once your leave is actioned, you will be notified via email and it will move into the corresponding tab. Please note: It may take up to 15 minutes for you to receive a notification email once your request has been actioned.