This feature requires your Time Clock to be on version 4.3.37 or newer.
When reviewing timesheets (or timecards for US customers),are you concerned with the amount of early clock-ins your staff seem to be doing? Or are staff consistently staying back into overtime without a known reason?
These are just some of the use cases for time clock questions. To start using it, go to Settings > Time Clock and enter your first question:
- Add the question phrase – Why have you clocked out late?
- Configure when to be asked – Clock-out
- Add a condition (only if) – e.g. When late to clock time
- Add an action (then) – e.g. Comment on a timesheet with answer
- Add answer options for the staff members to select as an answer – My manager asked me to stay back.
You can also use this feature to tag a shift, calculating pay at an alternative rate, or applying an allowance. For example, a staff member clocking out can enter an amount for allowance purposes, such as kilometres travelled.
When adding new questions, expect you device to take 10 minutes to sync the new questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the period of time before a clock-in/out is considered early/late?
10 minutes either side of when scheduled.